CALL of Duty is getting a major update just in time for Christmas – with new game modes and double XP aplenty.
Activision has revealed all the festive treats you can enjoy, and we’ve rounded up the key info below.
Call of Duty Christmas patch – Snowfight and Drop Zone modes
The first new game mode is called Snowfight, and is only available until December 31 at 6pm UK time (10am PT).
In the true winter spirit, Snowfight is one giant snowball fight.
Players cast aside their guns and eliminate each other by hurling snowballs across the holiday-themed Winter Docks map.
There’s also a new multiplayer mode called Drop Zone.
It’s designed to reward players additionally if they play the objective – rather than simply hunting for kills.
In Drop Zone, the only way to earn Killstreaks is to continually hold the drop zone to have a Care Package delivered to your location.
Like Snowfight, Drop Zone is only available until the end of the year.
Call of Duty Christmas update – Double XP event
Perhaps the most festive of all treats – a Double XP event – is also arriving for battle-wearied gamers.
You’ll now get twice the amount of XP you would normally earn for a limited time over Christmas.
The Double XP event runs from December 24 at 6pm UK time (1oam PT) right through to the same time on December 27.
Activision is also offering a Double Tier earn rate, and will follow the event with a tier sale for people looking to progress their Battle Pass.
Call of Duty update – what else is new?
Here are some of the changes being made to Call of Duty.
- Fix for a bug where players were unable to swap Field Upgrades after selecting Field upgrade Pro
- Added a new menu that allows players to launch a specific Trial
- Friend Request & Party Invite Notifications options will be set to enabled by default. Players can disable that option through the Account tab of the Options menu
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could fall through the roof of various buildings in Port
- Footsteps: reduced audible range of 3rd person footsteps
- Increased occlusion on footsteps
- Adjusted various foley sounds that played at a larger range than footsteps during ADS/crouch movements
- Added the reward players could earn if completing an Operation within the playlist menu
- Fix for rank up UI splashes not working as intended
Call of Duty League:
- Adjustment to spawns for Hardpoint
- Reduced lethality of non-car explosives
Still not got Call of Duty? You can get it here:
- Call of Duty (PS4) at Amazon for £42.99 – buy here
- Call of Duty (Xbox) at Amazon for £42.99 – buy here
BEAT ‘EM UP
First image of Xbox Series X ‘leaked’ just days after blurry PS5 photo emerges
PS5 reveal just ‘weeks away’ as game maker promises February launch
Check your Xbox addiction over past 10 years with new ‘My Decade On Xbox’ tool
Secret PS5 design ‘leaked’ just days ago recreated in 3D renders by Sony fan
SONY AND SHARE
New PS5 home screen revealed in leak – with launch now ‘just days away’
Is Fortnite shutting down, what are the rumours and are the servers back?
In other news, Call of Duty recently added six new maps – including three franchise classics.
Sony’s PS5 is out next year and has been tipped to cost over £450.
And find out why the PS5 could be the last console you ever own.
Will you be playing Call of Duty this festive season? Let us know in the comments!
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org